Think About the Process
Without in-person interactions, our team culture is mostly carried now in our work. Our team events and the lunch table conversations aren't happening in the same way. Considering how we work and how we communicate, is considering our culture. A good process provides us with the structure and direction to complete our work.
Things To Think About
- With the main weight of culture being found in our work, we may consider tweaking our office practices and norms.
- Most of us thrive in an environment of having a plan, even for the sole purpose of knowing what to expect.
- Having a clear understanding of our process as a team gives us an idea of "normal" in times that are not so normal.
- Let the process be an experiment to evaluate what works for you and your team.
- Consider including weekly hangouts into the plan, where teams share a demo or lightning talk about their latest project, giving everyone a chance to learn something new.
- Before a one-on-one, have a brief personal conversation before diving straight into work.