Approach Problems with Creativity
Productivity while in lockdown requires some creativity, particularly in how we can approach new and unprecedented problems. If you've never worked remotely before, it goes without saying that working during COVID-19 lockdown isn't the same as typical remote work—our reality is much more complex. We are all doing our best to get work done remotely during a global pandemic, so while the parameters of working remotely may be similar, much is different.
Things To Think About
- When we think about productivity, don’t be discouraged too quickly—it’s helpful to note that the standard “remote work” tips may not apply.
- Just as soon as everyone got Zoom, we all got Zoom fatigue. Other factors or people in our environments, from kids to pets, will affect the time and energy we can invest in our work, and that’s okay.
- Productivity during this time requires flexibility.
- Our mind is a powerful place, and instead of dwelling on all the points of frustration, avoid falling into mental traps. Focus on the things you can do, and go from there.
- Be empathetic to your triggers, motivations, fears, and environments—and those of the people around you—as you move forward.