Wear, Make, and Give Masks
Wearing a non-medical mask, even without presenting symptoms, is an additional measure we can take to protect those around us. Play a part in slowing the spread of Coronavirus by making masks to give to your neighbours or donate to organizations in need.
Things To Think About
- It's important to remember that homemade masks are not a substitute for social distancing and staying inside, however, if we need to leave our homes for essentials, wearing a mask is the responsible choice.
- The public has been asked not to purchase surgical masks or N95 respirators, as health care workers are experiencing shortages and need those masks to treat Coronavirus patients.
- Many organizations are looking for mask donations at this time, both medical and non-medical grade.
- Correctly putting on and taking off face masks can protect you, and those around you, from spreading or catching the virus.
- A number of companies have started offering non-medical face masks that can be shipped to your home, but making your own is another option!
- Whether you have a sewing machine or not, consider making masks for your friends, family, and neighbours. Any small act to slow the spread is worthwhile. :)