Find A Balance
Many of us have found ourselves suddenly becoming full-time teachers, carers, chefs and entertainers for our children—all while trying to maintain our own work schedules and routines. Here are some tips on how to juggle them all!
Things To Think About
- Be intentional with the schedule, spend some time when your kids are in bed organizing the next day so you can have the time to roughly plan what each activity will look like.
- When you're losing patience or motivation or when sitting on the floor playing with toys starts to feel mundane, remember this quote by C.S. Lewis, "Children are not a distraction from more important work, they are the most important work."
- Put your phone (or work distractions) away when you're with your kids. It's definitely hard, but I find far more patience and delight in parenting when I'm fully engaged in their world.
- We need quiet time. Even though they may fight it, it refreshes everyone. Pulling out some old toys and turning on children's music or an audiobook is my go-to.
- At the end of the day ask your kids what was most memorable—it can be surprising what stands out to them.