There is no doubt that this is an unprecedented time, full of uncertainty and fear, and sometimes trying to pull out the good things from a bad situation feels wrong. However, looking for the silver linings and the small joys in life can give us the strength we need to get through. And ultimately, choosing to be grateful for where we're at is a foundational life lesson for our kids.
Things To Think About
- We all get to be together. We have maximum time with our families, under one roof, learning and growing together more than ever.
- We have time to do things at home together that we wouldn't be able to otherwise.
- We have a chance to be a part of our kids' education, watching them learn and being apart of that process more than before.
- There is a weight to gratefulness. It has the power to turn our mindset around and put life into perspective.
- Gratitude keeps us in the present, not spiralling into "what ifs" or feelings of anxiety.
- It's not happiness that makes us grateful, it's gratefulness that makes us happy.
- For those of us having a hard time being grateful, it's often because we feel that we're not doing a good job. This pandemic has thrown us all for a loop, but you're doing a great job—don't be afraid to be thankful for your perseverance!