Inspire a Culture of Sharing
Sharing is a big part of establishing a healthy work-from-home team, giving us an opportunity to hear from others, and be heard ourselves. With our team separated, it's hard to know what we're all doing and working on. Information flows more naturally when we're in the office together, but now it feels more forced. Everyone doing their part to share projects, information and inspirations will break down the barriers of distance, enhance productivity, and strengthen our sense of belonging.
Things To Think About
- Creating platforms for us to share is the first place to start, channels, chat groups, designated meeting times, etc.
- Renaming channels can promote togetherness, for example, we renamed our #random channel #kitchen-table
- Set the purpose for each communication channel, giving team places to share and interact more often and build community. More communication channels don't always mean more sharing
- Sharing your screen or create a screen recording of you talking through your process
- Roll call what everyone is working on that day in your morning team meetings
- Recognizing that sharing plays such a crucial role in keeping the family close, get creative with what can be shared beyond work-related discussion and music suggestions. What about home improvement projects, or starting a book club?